What is BioCamp?
The Regional BioCamp 2016 is a three day forum, that brings together selected top students with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Regional BioCamp 2016 offers participants an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the professional and business environment of the global pharmaceutical industry
- Learn how science and practice, the profession and business connect for the benefit of the patient
- Interact with key experts and leading managers from Lek, Sandoz and Novartis
- Gain first-hand experience in starting up and managing a company
- Explore career opportunities in different areas of the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with talented students from other countries
Winners of the Regional BioCamp 2016
25. 5. 2016 | Yesterday evening Lek, a Sandoz company, concluded the Regional BioCamp 2016 by announcing the winners. Among the 35 most promising science students from the region, Nika Anžiček, from Cambridge University, ... more
Regional BioCamp 2016 – Young Scientists on Advanced Medication of Respiratory Diseases
23. 5. 2016 | Once again, 35 top science students from the region will gather from 22 to 24 May at the Regional BioCamp, organized by Lek, a Sandoz company, for the sixth consecutive ... more
- Key-note presentations of leading scientists from academia, Lek, Sandoz and Novartis:
- New developments in the generic pharmaceutical industry and biosimilars
- Worldwide experience in biosimilars development
- Starting a company
- New treatment strategies for respiratory diseases
- Patient view on treatment opportunities
- Career opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry
- Students’ workshop:
- How to develop and launch a biopharmaceutical product
- A visit to Sandoz development facilities in Slovenia.
- Frequently asked questions
- List of participating countries
- Information in Slovenian / Informacija v slovenščini
Who may apply?
We invite regional university students in natural sciences, from last year pre-graduate studies, masters, doctoral and post-doctoral studies, to apply for the Regional BioCamp 2016. The event will be held in English and English fluency is required.
A total of 35 selected students will be chosen based on their academic excellence, professional experience and extra-curricular activities.
The two winners of the Regional BioCamp will participate at the Novartis International BioCamp 2016 in Basel, Switzerland.
Deadline for applications was February 29, 2016.
Selected students will be informed via e-mail in April 2016.