What is BioCamp?
The Regional BioCamp 2017 is a three day forum, that brings together selected top students with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Regional BioCamp 2017 offers participants an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the professional and business environment of the global pharmaceutical industry
- Learn how science and practice, the profession and business connect for the benefit of the patient
- Interact with key experts and leading managers from Lek, Sandoz and Novartis
- Gain first-hand experience in starting up and managing a company
- Explore career opportunities in different areas of the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with talented students from other countries
- Key-note presentations of leading scientists from academia, Lek, Sandoz and Novartis:
- New developments in the generic pharmaceutical industry and biosimilars
- Worldwide experience in biosimilars development
- Starting a company
- Immunotherapy - new treatment approaches
- Patient view on treatment opportunities
- Career opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry
- Students’ workshop:
- How to develop and launch a biopharmaceutical product
- A visit to Sandoz development facilities in Slovenia.
How to apply?
Deadline for applications is February 28, 2017. Only complete applications will be considered.
Selected students will be informed via e-mail in April 2017.
Who may apply?
We invite regional university students in natural sciences, from last year pre-graduate studies, masters, doctoral and post-doctoral studies, to apply for the Regional BioCamp 2017. The event will be held in English and English fluency is required.
A total of 35 selected students will be chosen based on their academic excellence, professional experience and extra-curricular activities.
The winners of the Regional BioCamp will participate at the Novartis International BioCamp 2017 in Basel, Switzerland.