Press releases about the event
At this year’s seventh Regional BioCamp, young scientists to research challenges and opportunities for immunotherapy treatment
22. 5. 2017 | At this year’s seventh consecutive Regional BioCamp, organised from May 21 to 23 by Lek, the selected life-science students will, together with lecturers and mentors, research new challenges and opportunities for immunotherapy treatment. The latter has recently become an established novel approach in cancer treatment and represents, according to some experts, the most promising advancement in the ever-lasting battle against this insidious disease.
The Regional BioCamp 2017 winners announced
24. 5. 2017 | With yesterday’s announcement of the winners, Lek successfully concluded the seventh Regional BioCamp with the title Immunotherapy – Challenges and Opportunities. Among the 35 participating young students from nine countries, the expert panel selected three individuals who best translated the newly acquired knowledge into practice. They are Filip Ilievski from from Skopje University, Macedonia, Klara Kropivšek from ETH, Switzerland and Mitja Pohlen from Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Also announced was the winning team that demonstrated the best performance in transferring the acquired knowledge into practice. The members of the winning team were Zorana Bugarin, Simone Detassis, Carina Hasenoehrl, Jure Kocman, Katja Olenik, Maja Šemanjski in Andrej Šterman.
Read more about the event in the BioCamp newsletter.
What is BioCamp?
The Regional BioCamp 2017 is a three day forum, that brings together selected top students with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Regional BioCamp 2017 offers participants an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the professional and business environment of the global pharmaceutical industry
- Learn how science and practice, the profession and business connect for the benefit of the patient
- Interact with key experts and leading managers from Lek, Sandoz and Novartis
- Gain first-hand experience in starting up and managing a company
- Explore career opportunities in different areas of the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with talented students from other countries
- Key-note presentations of leading scientists from academia, Lek, Sandoz and Novartis:
- New developments in the generic pharmaceutical industry and biosimilars
- Worldwide experience in biosimilars development
- Starting a company
- Immunotherapy - new treatment approaches
- Patient view on treatment opportunities
- Career opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry
- Students’ workshop:
- How to develop and launch a biopharmaceutical product
- A visit to Sandoz development facilities in Slovenia.
Deadline for applications was February 28, 2017.
Selected students will be informed via e-mail in April 2017.
Who may apply?
We invite regional university students in natural sciences, from last year pre-graduate studies, masters, doctoral and post-doctoral studies, to apply for the Regional BioCamp 2017. The event will be held in English and English fluency is required.
A total of 35 selected students will be chosen based on their academic excellence, professional experience and extra-curricular activities.