Press releases about the event
The most promising talents at the eighth Regional BioCamp awarded
30. 5. 2018 | At the eighth consecutive Regional BioCamp, Novartis in Slovenia again hosted 35 most talented undergraduate and post-graduate students from natural science faculties in the region. Among them, the expert panel selected three individuals who best translated the newly acquired knowledge into practice. They are Filip Bošković from Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade; Rok Krese from Faculty of Biosciences, Heidelberg University and Emanuela Senjor from Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana. At yesterday’s award ceremony, the winning team that demonstrated the best integrated project was also selected. The members of the winning team were Julia Magdalena Böck, Filip Bošković, Vlatka Brozović, Jelena Gajić, Marina Kalić, Ivana Ruseska and Davor Škofič-Maurer.
This year’s Regional BioCamp to explore for effective anti-infective therapies
28. 5. 2018 | At this year’s eighth consecutive Regional BioCamp, organised by Novartis in Slovenia from 27 to 29 May, the selected natural science students will learn about anti-infective therapies and challenges on the journey to effective treatments, both in terms of science and research, as well as patient experience. Today, strong emphasis is placed on anti-infective therapies and particularly resistance to treatment with antibiotics, as it poses a global threat to health and development. Consequently, this calls for change in attitude, greater preventative protection against bacterial infections, raising awareness among patients and health professionals about the use of antibiotics and intensive work on new scientific evidence that could limit the resistance to antibiotics.
Read more about the event in the BioCamp newsletter.
What is BioCamp?
The Regional BioCamp 2018 is a three day forum, that brings together selected top students with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Regional BioCamp 2018 offers participants an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the professional and business environment of the global pharmaceutical industry
- Learn how science and practice, the profession and business connect for the benefit of the patient
- Interact with key experts and leading managers from Lek, Sandoz and Novartis
- Gain first-hand experience in starting up and managing a company
- Explore career opportunities in different areas of the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with talented students from other countries
- Key-note presentations of leading scientists from academia, Lek, Sandoz and Novartis:
- New developments in the generic pharmaceutical industry and biosimilars
- Worldwide experience in biosimilars development
- Starting a company
- Antiinfectives - challenges to effective treatments
- Patient view on treatment opportunities
- Career opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry
- Students’ workshop:
- How to develop and launch a pharmaceutical product
- A visit to Sandoz development facility in Slovenia.
Deadline for applications was February 28, 2018.
Selected students will be informed via e-mail in April 2018.
Who may apply?
We invite regional university students in natural sciences, from last year pre-graduate studies, masters, doctoral and post-doctoral studies, to apply for the Regional BioCamp 2018. The event will be held in English and English fluency is required.
A total of 35 selected students will be chosen based on their academic excellence, professional experience and extra-curricular activities.